Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care as determined for Emergency Department patients. In performing his/her professional practice the LVN is responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness and guest relations. Care will include individualized, holistic, family cantered and safe care. Customer service is a priority and is expected to be a top priority of the LVN.
• Associate Degree Nurse as required for LVN licensure
• Nurse with current Texas license
• Minimum of 1 years emergency room experience, urgent care experience or comparable clinical experience
• Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
• Strong skills in both oral and written format
• Must be flexible and service oriented
• Problem solving abilities with the ability to intervene immediately and awareness of changing conditions that may require additional assistance, (Critical-thinking)
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Courtesy and Respect for every staff member
• Laboratory point of care testing and all CLIA waved testing approved by the Laboratory Director
• Follow up on all send out lab specimens with accurate-documentation and physician notification.
• Documents accurately on the perpetual narcotic inventory form, and report any discrepancies to the Nurse Manager immediately.
• Performs all daily lab and equipment checks for Quality Assurance.
• Assists with follow up phone calls as assigned by the RN
• Maintains the facility in clean working order In accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Nurse Manager.
• Maintains patient confidentiality and documents accurately in the patient chart.
• Responsible for working closely with. Radiology Technician, Registration Clerk, and EMT-Paramedic
• Monitors supply every shift arid reports shortages when noted.
• Reviews company emails throughout every shift as this will be the primary means of communication
• Accurately documents any incidents and reports to the RN, Nurse Manager, and Physician on duty.
• Uses biohazard containers correctly
• Comply with all federal regulation including but not limited to HIPPA, CMS and CLIA
• Empties sharps .containers in a. timely and safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the charge RN on duty
• Carry out duties as defined by nurse manager and CNO within the scope of practice for a LVN
• Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit; The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must submit to random drug screenings.
For any questions regarding this position, please contact us at 210-305-1017.